Noncontact Thermometers - Quick and Effective Diagnostic Tools
Portable IR thermometers have become indispensable tools for automotive troubleshooting and diagnostics. Quick noncontact temperature measurements make it easy to identify engine misfires, spot cooling system faults, check for proper A/C performance, verify catalytic converter operation and much more.
Engine and Exhaust Troubleshooting
Portable noncontact thermometers take quick temperature measurements and help you diagnose temperature-related engine problems fast.
- Low Compression: Scan manifold temperature to determine low compression
- Ignition System Problems: Scan manifold temperature for misfire condition
- Incorrect Fuel/Air Mixture: Measure and compare exhaust system components for correct fuel/air mixture
- Catalytic Converters: Scan both sides of the catalytic converter for temperature differences
Cooling System Diagnostics
Check for overheating problems or if parts need to be replaced.
- Radiators: Scan radiators for core restrictions
- Thermostats: Easily measure thermostat temperature
- Coolant Sensors: Measure coolant temperature sensors and manifold air temperature sensors
Check heaters, air conditioners, and vents quickly and easily for malfunction.
- Heaters/AC Vents: Check heating and cooling systems output
Temperatures significantly higher than ambient or varied temperatures of rotors, drums or bearings indicate excessive wear.
- Brakes/Sealed Wheel Bearings: Diagnose brake bias and uneven braking